This New York Times piece shares some encouraging movement in the gridlock of Washington DC toward solutions and conversations about climate change… and their vehicle is Citizen’s Climate Lobby!
Stats over the last year:
- Volunteers held 1,429 meetings with representatives’ offices
- Organized 2,597 outreach events
- Prompted/wrote 3,339 editorials/op-eds/letters to the editor
- 2010 annual conference was 25 participants
- 2017 annual conference will be 1,200
Let’s keep building the political will for a livable world!